Hearing Aids & Products in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia
At Hearing Health Care Unit of Southwest Nova Limited, we do hearing testing, sell and service hearing aids and related products to the people of Yarmouth and surrounding Tri-County area. We carry hearing aids to improve your hearing, as well as accessories and batteries to go with your current hearing aids. If you want custom ear plugs to protect your hearing for your work or hobbies, we can help with that too. Contact us today with any questions you have about the products we carry.
Hearing Aid Brands and Features
Our Yarmouth hearing aid clinic carries models from Widex, Signia, and Phonak. We also sell and service other top hearing aid brands. The hearing aids we carry are the latest technology and have a broad range of features that vary from budget-friendly models to premium quality. It is part of our dedication to finding a hearing solution for everyone regardless of their budget.
The newest and most innovative hearing aids we currently carry are the Widex Evoke and Signia Xperience. The new Widex Evoke comes with SoundSense technology, making it the world’s smartest hearing aid that automatically adjusts its settings to match your environment. The Signia Xperience comes in various styles of hearing aids and has flexible charger options, including the Signia Pure Charge&Go X model that features the best recharging system in the industry. It includes a portable recharger pack that has up to three days’ worth of charging.
Both come with Bluetooth connectivity, discrete designs, and other innovative features to improve your hearing experience. Sign up for our free one week demo today if you would like to try them out for free!
Our hearing aids come with a variety of popular features, including:
- Bluetooth hearing aids
- Wireless hearing aids
- Rechargeable hearing aids
- Small, slim and discrete hearing aids
- Hearing aids that automatically adjust to your environment
- Hearing aids that can connect remotely to your hearing care provider to make adjustments and tuning instead of coming into the clinic
Why We’re Different
Free Hearing Aid Trial
Hearing Aid Styles
The hearing aids we carry come in a variety of styles and levels of technology. Each style is suitable to people with different severity of hearing loss and needs. They include:
- For users with more severe hearing loss or smaller ear canals
- All the electronic parts parts are in the housing that sits behind the ear
- A customized earmold and a tube will direct sound into the ear
- Users can easily control volume and select programs on most BTE’s
- For users with mild to severe hearing loss
- Similar to BTE’s in shape and style
- Smaller in size because the receiver (or loudspeaker) is in the ear-tip instead of behind the ear
- Sound is sent directly from housing behind the ear to the receiver which is in the ear canal
- Provide outstanding sound, are discrete and fully automatic
- For users with more severe hearing loss but want smaller, discrete housing than BTE’s
- Suitability depends on the shape of the ear and severity of hearing loss
- Transmits sound to the receiver that sits just outside the ear on the concha (the bowl of the ear next to the ear canal)
- For users with most types of hearing loss
- Come in a variety of sizes depending on the severity of hearing loss, shape of the ear, battery size and dexterity requirements
- Can be relatively discrete depending on the size of the ear canal
- When fitted for an ITE hearing aid, we create a custom shell to perfectly fit the shape of the patient’s ear
- The shell contains all vital electronics
- For users with mild to moderate-severity of hearing loss
- Very discreet design that can fit completely in the ear canal to be almost invisible
- Level of visibility depends on the size and shape of the ear
- Can be fully automatic that do not require adjustments or intervention
- Smallest hearing aid style on the market
- Use the ear’s natural shape to localize sound
- Has custom made shell to fit deep in the ear canal
- Fully automatic so users do not have to remove them to make adjustments
When you visit our clinic in Yarmouth, we always recommend the hearing aid style and model that will work best with your ear and the nature of your hearing loss. While people prefer the invisible models because they are more discreet, they may not be suitable for you. Our end goal is to ensure you have a better hearing experience so your hearing loss does not disrupt your lifestyle.
Book an appointment with us today to ask our clinician any questions or concerns you have about your hearing loss and what type of hearing aid you would prefer. We will do everything we can to make sure we fit you with a solution that you are comfortable with.
Hearing Aid Services & Warranty
When you purchase hearing aids from our clinic, we offer a number of services and programs to go with them that will make your life easier:
- 60-Day Return Guarantee
- 5 years of free hearing aid batteries
- Automatic warranty coverage including loss and damage coverage (specific coverage depends on the hearing aid brand and model you purchase)
- Regular hearing testing
- Hearing aid adjustments
- Hearing aid cleaning, maintenance and repairs
In addition, we work with different financing companies to arrange monthly payment plans — including 0% interest plans. We know that affordability is a concern for people looking to get hearing aids, and splitting the cost across multiple monthly payments over time is easier to manage for some of our clients.
Ask us for more information if you are interested!
Ear Plugs for Hearing Protection
The best treatment for hearing loss is to prevent it from happening in the first place. That’s why we sell ear plugs to protect your hearing, including custom ear plugs for specific use:
- Musician ear plugs
- Swimmer ear plugs
- Noise ear plugs
- Sleep ear plugs
- Custom ear plugs
Let us know what kind of plugs you need. We are standing by and ready to help!
Hearing Aid Accessories & Assistive Listening Devices (ALD’s)
Hearing aid accessories and ALD’s make it easy for you to use your audio equipment, remote controls, televisions, and telephones. They can also offer alternate ways to control and adjust your hearing aids without physically touching them.
Here is a list of some of the benefits that accessories and ALD’s can give you:
- Connect directly to your landline phone or mobile phone
- Send sound from your TV, radio, tablet or computer directly to your hearing aids
- Control or adjust your hearing aids from a remote control or your mobile phones
- Mask tinnitus symptoms (ringing, buzzing, hissing noises)
- Have alarm clock sent directly to your hearing aids
- Have smoke detector alarm sent directly to your hearing aids
We also carry maintenance accessories and kits that make it easier for you to clean and maintain your hearing aids at home. They include disinfectant spray or wipes, battery testers, dehumidifiers, and cleaning brushes of various sizes for different hearing aid components.
Call us today for more information about our hearing aid accessories to see how you can enhance your hearing experience!
Hearing Aid Batteries
Hearing aids come in a variety of sizes and styles, and each will have different needs for power. People with more severe hearing loss will need more powerful hearing aids, which requires them to consume more energy stored in the batteries. Those hearing aids require bigger batteries as a result.
That is why there are different sized batteries for each type of hearing aid that can hold a charge for a different amount of time. We carry multiple sizes and types of hearing aid batteries to help anyone who need replacements. If you purchase your hearing aids from us, you get 5 years of batteries for free.
Some hearing aid models come with rechargeable batteries, so instead of replacing batteries you just plug them into a special charging station.
If you want to arrange to pick up battery replacements, or have questions about your rechargeable hearing aids, give us a call today to see how we can help.
We're Here To Help!
3 Lovitt St., Suite #103,
Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, B5A 3C1
Monday: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm; 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm; 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm; 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm; 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm; 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm